Looking for some last minute Father’s Day plans for the weekend? Well, once you finish off your Easy Eggs Benedict, load up the kids and get out to one of these great activities!
- Take a Day Trip – Golden, Estes Park, Manitou Springs — there are TONS of great day trips you can take to get out of the city and check our the fun in the communities just outside of Denver! Our Family Travel Guide to Summertime in Denver has great ideas for day trips that are sure to make Dad’s Father’s Day special!
- Hit the Pavement – Father’s Day 5K/10K – Central Park in Stapleton is hosting their 2nd Annual Father’s Day
run/walk through Central Park and along Westerly Creek! They’ll have coffee and hot cocoa to get you going, a Kid’s Run Run, live entertainment, commemorative shirts, and free race photos to remember your day (and the ugly tie you wore for to win the Ugly Tie Contest)! Strollers are welcome, so it’s sure to be a morning of fun for the whole family!
- Get Your Greek On – 50th Annual Denver Greek Festival – Does Dad crave baklava, souvlaki and dolmas with a side of crazy fun? Then get over to the Assumption Greek Orthodox Church where you can eat, drink, play, and dance like you’re Greek! Games, rides, activities, live music, dancing, and vendors. Saturday 11am – 11pm, and Sunday, June 21 11am – 6pm. Here’s a coupon for $2 off adult admission, and kids under 12 are FREE!
- Make Some Noise – Make Music Denver – Is Dad a musician at heart? If he is, then celebrate Global Make Music Day and take him to the Clyfford Still Museum for a FREE music celebration with where the whole family can try out new instruments, learn skills in workshops, and enjoy the free concerts! The fun is from 12 – 7pm!
- West Side Running – Father’s Day Classic 5k/10k/ Fun Run – Live closer to Arvada? Head out to the APEX Center for their annual Father’s Day Classic! Breakfast will be provided by Big Daddy Bagels with Nutzo spread! Love crazy ties?– wear 10 of them during the race, and Dad will enjoy a FREE BEER from Arvada Beer Company at the finish line! Bring a 5 item donation to the Arvada Community Food Bank and you’ll be entered in a race day raffle for a chance to win some great prizes! Strollers are welcome, so load up the family and head out for this great tradition!
Check out the Hot Rods – 11th Annual Apex PRD Foundation Father’s Day Car Show – What a great way to spend Father’s Day – cars, music, food, drinks, family fun! This FREE car show featuring vintage, antique, custom cars and street rods is from 9am to 3pm at the APEX Center in Arvada. Does Dad have a cool car he’d like to show off? Registering to show your car is only $30 on event day, and all proceeds benefit community recreation through the Apex Park and Rec District Foundation. Don’t miss this!
- Groove to the Music – City Park Jazz – Do you love the idea of packing a picnic or hanging out in one of our fabulous local parks? Well then, double the fun and treat Dad to one of our favorite summer music treats in Denver – City Park Jazz! The show starts at 6pm, so enjoy fun in the park before you settle in for the musical stylings of Nelson Rangell!
- Colorado Rockies vs. Milwaukee Brewers – Does the summer heat make Dad hum “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”? Then head to Coors Field to see the Rockies take on the Brewers at 2:10 pm. Baseball is a sure fire way to make Dad smile this Father’s Day!
- Make a Splash – It’s going to be hot! Make sure you’ve brushed up on your sun safety rules, and head out to a local lake, creek, pool, or water park for some fun in the sun! The beach on the west side of Chatfield Reservoir is a great place to enjoy the beauty of Colorado and cool off on a hot summer day! Day trip to Golden, check out the Splash at Fossil Trace Aquatic Park for an affordable fun park! Water World is always a hit with the whole family – the 49 attractions have something for everyone!
Whether you take Dad to one of these great events, BBQ in your backyard, check out a local park, or just hang out at home – we hope you have a safe and Happy Father’s Day!