We at Denver Moms are slowly but surely coming out of our COVID haze, and we are excited to add new contributing writers to our team!
We are looking for REAL moms (and maybe a few dads!) of all ages, with children in various stages of life, and with dynamic perspectives on parenting to join our team of contributing writers. Every parent has a story or knowledge of their own. It may be the parent who is savvy about all the best hikes nearby, or the one who has killer organization tips, or the mom who has had some crazy life experience that resonates with others. Denver Moms welcomes your know-how, grit, intuition, creativity, and insight.
If you have a passion for the Denver community and parenthood and you are a strong writer, microblogger, or creative content creator…we’re looking for you!
This is a volunteer position with LOTS of perks!
what you give…
- Each of our contributing writers submits one original post or content creation per month. The post should adhere to our brand and mission guidelines and adhere to our network requirements, but the topic and direction are up to you
- A six-month commitment
- Availability for contributor meetings
- A passion for parenting, kids, and the Denver area
what you get…
- Monthly contributing writers have a photo and bio included on our contributor page
** You are welcome to include links to your own website and/or social media handles in your contributor bio, which will appear below all your posts and on your dedicated author page.
- Denver Moms provides WordPress training to all writers
- Writers may receive opportunities to review new products, attend exclusive events, or appear on news segments
- We always provide professional editing on submitted content so your piece is polished and ready for publication.
ready to apply?
If you’re ready to join our writing team, complete the application below; be sure to include a writing sample. The open call window is open until September 1st, after which point we will gather and review submissions. Please be patient, we want to be sure we give every submission proper consideration.
sample content rules and suggestions:
- Your sample submissions must be original work, written entirely by you.
- Your writing sample should be an example of something you’d like to share on the site (500-600 words). Write a personal narrative, a how-to article, or a local review … there are tons of options!
- We do not publish content with any of the following: profanity, sexual language, political endorsement of a party or candidate, political commentary, and derogatory or inflammatory language.
Think LOCAL | We love to keep our content relevant to the Denver area … or at least nearby for accessible escapes from the city. Post submissions can feature local places to go and things to do while more general topics (potty training, DIY, working, etc.) can be given a local twist simply because they are written by a local mom – YOU!
Think MOMS | Naturally, our target audience is made up of parents, and we aim to serve the people behind the roles we’re all filling. We were all someone before we had kids and we’re still in there. If you have an idea that interests you and your friends, our readers would probably love to read about it, too!
Think COLLECTIVE | Think critically about ways to engage our audience and our community in your writing. Parents love hearing about the experiences of others and sharing their own; we love hearing about real life and finding beauty and humor in our experiences; we love being reminded that we’re all living our version of the same life in different houses and aren’t alone.
We look forward to hearing from you and growing our team of contributing writers!
[gravityform id=”15″ title=”true” description=”true”]