Quality Care Matters
The early years are very important for a child’s learning and development. Quality early learning programs, including child care and preschool, help children start early and start strong on the path to life-long success. Children who attend quality early learning programs are more likely to do well in school and get along with others, and are less likely to drop out of school or need remedial education.
About Colorado Shines
Colorado Shines is the state’s quality rating and improvement system that provides a quality rating and continued support to Colorado’s early learning programs, like child care and preschool, to increase quality options across the state. It also connects families with the care they need and deserve by making it easier to find high quality programs in their communities. Colorado Shines is a free service for families to use.
There are many things that families consider when looking for child care. Quality is essential because the early years are a critical time for a child’s learning and development, preparing children for kindergarten and success at school.
Families can trust that the programs participating in Colorado Shines are committed to offering quality services and engaging in ongoing improvement practices.
The Colorado Shines Rating
Colorado Shines offers a reliable, consistent, statewide rating that families can trust. Early learning programs are rated on a scale of quality Levels 1 through 5.
- Level 1: The program is licensed with the State of Colorado, is receiving regular monitoring and is following the requirements of Colorado’s Early Learning & Development Guidelines.
- Level 2: The program is meeting the requirements of Level 1 and is taking steps to improve its quality.
- Level 3-5: The program is licensed, has achieved high quality and is rated by Colorado Shines based on how it:
- Supports children’s health and safety
- Ensures its staff are well-trained and effective
- Provides a supportive learning environment that teaches children new skills
- Help families to become partners in their child’s learning
- Uses strong leadership and business practices
Look for the Colorado Shines rating at your early learning program.
No matter what I type in, it gives me the same things in the metro area only. Does this not work for Northglenn?